Recipe of the Month: June 2011
Grilled T-Bones with Chimichurri Sauce
- 4 T-Bone steaks, trimmed
- Olive oil for brushing steak
- 1 Teaspoon crushed coriander
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Bunch flat leaf (Italian) parsley, rinsed, drained and chopped
- ½ Cup fresh cilantro, rinsed and drained
- ½ Tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 Cloves garlic, peeled
- ¾ Cup olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon each salt and pepper
- ½ Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ Cup white wine vinegar
- Brush both sides of the steak with the oil and season with the coriander, cumin, salt and pepper. Place on medium high heat grill for 3 minutes per side. Lower the heat on the grill to medium low and continue to cook; turning often until internal temperature reached 130 degrees for medium rare. Place on carving board and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing thin; on the bias.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the vinegar into a food processor. Process until finely chopped; but not liquefied. Add the vinegar and process for 3 seconds to incorporate. Serve on the side as sauce for the sliced steak.
Note: The chimichurri can be made a day ahead but do not add the vinegar until just before serving.
- 4 Ears fresh corrn. Remove the kernels with a knife and scrape juice from cob.
- 1 tablespoon Nakano seasoned rice wine vinegar (photo above)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon red onion, diced fine or sliced very thin
- ½ red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- ½ fresh lime, juice only
- Remove the kernels with a knife and scrape juice from cob into large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.