Recipe of the Month: March 2011
Beefy Tacos with Honey Cilantro Slaw
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Cup diced onion
- 1 Pound ground beef
- Taco seasoning (ingredients below)
- ½ Cup water
- 6-8 Soft (or hard) taco shells
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ Teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ Teaspoon paprika
- 1½ Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Shredded Cheese
- Taco Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Mix all of the taco seasonings ingredients together and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet with the olive oil until no pink remains. Drain off any excess oil.
- Add the taco seasoning and simmer for 1 minute. Add the water and simmer for 3 additional minutes. Serve immediately with the taco shells and fixins.
Honey Cilantro Slaw
- 3 Cups shredded cole slaw
- 1 Cup fresh cilantro, shopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Savannah Bee® honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the slaw and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to another large bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Pour dressing over slaw and toss well.