Recipe of the Month: August 2010
Grilled Chicken Satays with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 ½ Pounds chicken tenders or breast cut into ½ inch strips
- Spray olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 Teaspoon dry oregano
- ½ Teaspoon chipotle pepper
- ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Bamboo skewers, soaked for one hour in cold water
- In a small bowl, mix the thyme, oregano, chipotle pepper salt and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Thread the chicken on the bamboo skewers and spray with the olive oil to coat all sides. Sprinkle the herb mixture evenly over the skewered chicken.
- Grill the chicken skewers over medium heat for 2 minutes per side. Lower the heat to low and continue until the chicken is just done. Remove the chicken from the grill and set aside.
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 ½ Cups smooth peanut butter
- ½ Cup coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced fine
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Cantaloupe, halved and seeds removed
- Place the first 8 ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the dipping sauce into the cantaloupe cavity and stick the chicken satays into the rim of the cantaloupe and serve.